Posted on

chad klitzman for broward county supervisor of elections

The Editorial Board consists of Editorial Page Editor Rosemary O’Hara, Dan Sweeney, Steve Bousquet and Editor-in-Chief Julie Anderson. … Contributors & reporters: Phil Ammann, Drew Dixon, Renzo Downey, Rick Flagg, A.G. Gancarski, Joe Henderson, Janelle Irwin, Ryan Nicol, Jacob Ogles, Scott Powers, Bob Sparks, Andrew Wilson, and Kelly Hayes. Ceasar — who also added $50,000 to his campaign — maintains the overall cash-on-hand lead. The 25-year-old Klitzman becomes the sixth candidate to join the race. Joe Scott, candidate for Broward County Supervisor of Elections. The 25-year-old Klitzman becomes the sixth candidate to join the race. I have no doubt the Broward elections office will thrive with Chad at the helm.”. A grand jury blasted the system for corruption and mismanagement and singled out a $25 million Beachside Montessori School in Hollywood that she had championed. Chad’s education, experience and energy are exactly what Broward needs in a Supervisor of Elections. Delivered straight to your inbox Monday through Friday. Receive our team's agenda-setting morning read of what's hot in Florida politics. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Phone: (727) 642-3162 Email: Peter@FloridaPolitics.com Post was not sent - check your email addresses! He then went on to Columbia Law School, where he earned his J.D. Snipes sued over that suspension, which was eventually rescinded by Gov. “The elections office needs a Supervisor with both a fresh perspective to modernize the office and the integrity to do the job impartially as a way to rebuild trust in the community and keep our election systems and networks secure. She ran unsuccessfully for the Broward School Board in 2004 and 2012, and Lauderhill City Commission in 2008. Johnson is among a list of new individuals backing Klitzman’s campaign. We checked with some of the supervisors he met. Chad Klitzman, candidate for Broward Supervisor of Elections. (Paul McDermott / Paul McDermott Photography), LIVE ELECTION RESULTS: FOLLOW UPDATES AS THEY COME IN, Ryan Fitzpatrick shows some leg at Dolphins practice, pays tribute to ex-teammate Miami traded away, MAP: Here’s the latest forecast track of Eta, whose sights are set on South Florida. “Broward voters are ready – and have been ready – for some new leaders,” Klitzman said in a release announcing the run. Ryan Nicol covers news out of South Florida for Florida Politics. Jeh Johnson, the former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security, says he is backing Chad Klitzman in the 2020 contest for the Broward County Supervisor of Elections. Chad Klitzman, an attorney who wrote and co-produced the Netflix movie “Candy Jar,” has filed to run in the 2020 contest for Broward County Supervisor of Elections. We believe in second chances, but found her lack of curiosity about the report deeply unsettling. * Mitchell “Mitch” Ceasar, 66, of Plantation, a lawyer, lobbyist and former long-time chairman of the Broward Democratic Party. “The past is over. St. Petersburg, Florida 33704. “I have extensive training and experience in the coordination and mobilization of individuals toward a collective desired outcome under stressful circumstances in battlegrounds and offices,” Scott wrote in his questionnaire. Former Coconut Creek Mayor Lisa Aronson said she’s backing Klitzman in the five-person field as well. Current Supervisor Pete Antonacci took over the Supervisor post after the suspension of former Supervisor Brenda Snipes by Gov. Rick Scott removed Brenda Snipes and appointed Republican Pete Antonacci, who promised not to run for election. They need intense preparation and routine drills. As the founder of a Democratic club in Tamarac at age 21, he was a Chad Klitzman of an earlier time. A former president of the Broward League of Cities, he said he would like to work full-time in public service. He also wrote and co-produced the Netflix movie “Candy Jar.”. Johnson served as Homeland Secretary under the Barack Obama administration. Editorials are the opinion of the Sun Sentinel Editorial Board and written by one of its members or a designee. Instead, we were abused by Trump supporters | Opinion, Judge blasts Postal Service for missing deadline in hunt for leftover ballots. Ryan is a native Floridian who attended undergrad at Nova Southeastern University before moving on to law school at Florida State. Also competing for the Supervisor of Elections Post are Ruth Carter-Lynch, Mitchell “Mitch” Ceasar, Timothy Lonergan and Bamon Joevahn Scott. Phone: (727) 642-3162 This platform and all of its content are owned by Extensive Enterprises Media. He showed an interest in politics at the time, serving as the school’s student ambassador to the Broward League of Cities. After law school, Klitzman worked for more than a year at the New York law firm of Paul, Weiss, and listed a salary of $157,000 for nine months work. Charlie Crist’s Secretary of State and is now Pasco’s elected superintendent of schools. I was never indicted, and I never did anything that violated my fiduciary responsibility as a School Board member,” she said during our joint online candidate interview. He has more than $108,000 remaining, though he has been raising money since June. If you'd like to contact him, send an email to ryan.t.nicol@gmail.com. That office is responsible for protecting the integrity of the U.S. election system. A related report by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement detailed her romantic entanglements with two bankers who sought bond business with the district. Klitzman is second, with just over $75,000 on hand. Interview with Broward Supervisor of Elections candidates Ruth Carter-Lynch, Mitchell Ceasar, Jennifer Gottlieb, Chad Klitzman, Timothy Lonergan, Joe Scott. November 6, 2019 Chad Klitzman, an attorney who wrote and co-produced the Netflix movie “ Candy Jar,” has filed to run in the 2020 contest for Broward County Supervisor of Elections. He graduated summa cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania in 2015 and with honors from Columbia Law School three years later. In Klitzman’s case, “I have been passionate about elections for my entire life.”, “Before I could even vote, I was the President of Kids Voting Broward – the countywide voting initiative for young people – and served as the Student Ambassador to the Broward League of Cities, which awarded me their scholarship and afforded me a platform to lobby elected officials on voter engagement issues.”. There is no run-off. Scott accused Snipes of fraud during the ballot count, but never proved it. Florida Primary Election Results – August 30, 2016, Judges qualify for merit-retention election, 'Candy Jar' writer Chad Klitzman joins race for Broward County Supervisor of Elections. Gottlieb was not charged with any wrongdoing. He ran unsuccessfully for clerk of courts four years ago. He built a lobbying practice representing Broward cities. The right to vote is one of the most fundamental rights we have, and I will do everything in my power to protect it.”. Given his brand as a Democratic Party leader, being nonpartisan would be a dramatic break from his past. She promises to conduct a forensic analysis of the office and create a better workflow. Chad intends to modernize and restore integrity to the Broward County elections operation. * Joe Scott, 38, of Parkland, is another fine candidate. For undergrad, Klitzman attended the University of Pennsylvania where he graduated summa cum laude in less than three years with a Political Science degree. The biggest knock on Klitzman is that he’s young. If you'd like to contact him, send an email to ryan.t.nicol@gmail.com. And he’s a natural leader. They were similarly impressed. Chad is running for Supervisor of Elections to modernize the office, restore confidence in the voting process and ensure there is uniformity in process such that every function of the elections office has a procedure or manual that, when feasible, is made publicly available so the office can be held accountable. Since filing for election in November 2019, he said he’s visited every Florida county elections office to discover best practices. “Chad is a logistics expert who shines in high-pressure, high-stakes situations,” Schafer said. It also needs someone who just loves elections and who will work tirelessly to ensure they run smoothly. After graduating with a law degree he moved into the news industry, working in TV News as a writer and producer, along with some freelance writing work.

Musashi Wind Dragon Sword, Disney Now Miraculous Ladybug, Mgp Vx7 Bars, Cod Warzone High Ping, How Long Does It Take For An Octopus Arm To Grow Back, Oster 5900 Food Processor Attachment, Drive Full Movie, Gif The Finger, Melvin Gregg Wife, Is Sarge A Bottom Feeding Fish, ,Sitemap