Posted on

charles spurgeon quotes on the bible

Believe God's promises more firmly than ever. A great sin cannot destroy a Christian, but a little sin can make him miserable.”, “If you want the truth to go round the world you must hire an express train to pull it, but if you want a lie to go round the world it will fly; it is as light as a feather, and a breath will carry it. While preaching at New Park Street, Spurgeon’s sermons impacted the lives of many, inspiring the congregation to grow so large that the church needed to expand. Thank you Stephen, God Bless you always. Discover Charles Spurgeon quotes about bible. Every week you'll get fresh content from me that will stir your faith in God and encourage you to love him more. “The Complete Works of C. H. Spurgeon, Volume 37”, p.43, Delmarva Publications, Inc. Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1882). I created The Blazing Center and have written some books which people seem to like. '”, “Sin may drag thee ever so low, but Christ's great atonement is still under all.”, “Doubt not his grace because of thy tribulation, but believe that he loveth thee as much in seasons of trouble as in times of happiness.”, “If Christ is not all to you He is nothing to you. Praise is the rehearsal of our eternal song. You can follow me on Instagram and Facebook . 1. They bear me aloft or dash me down. The Bible in the memory is better than the Bible in the book case. Spurgeon, Charles H. “The Complete Works of Charles Spurgeon, Volume 55: Sermons 3125-3177”, Delmarva Publications, Inc. Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1870). I love quote # 1 as well as all others that follow! An unholy church! I believe there will be more in heaven than in hell. Charles Spurgeon — ‘A Bible that’s falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn’t.’ Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. At his death, he left behind his wife Susannah and twin sons, and a church of thousands of members, which his son pastored after his death. Tie for my favorite: “I am the subject of depression so fearful that I hope none of you ever get to such extremes of wretchedness as I go to. 30. We suffer today, but we shall rejoice tomorrow. But our sorrows are like that receding wave which sucks us back again into the great depth of godhead. If you could pray the best prayer in the world without the Holy Spirit, God would have nothing to do with it. All this, and Christ too?”. 80. With a reading to begin and end each day throughout the year, you will come to appreciate Spurgeon's emphasis on the importance of abiding in Christ and meditating on God's Word. If it comes to a pitched battle between sin and grace, you shall not be so bad as God shall be good.”, “I believe there will be more in heaven than in hell. There can be no such thing as perfect happiness till there is perfect holiness. I, of all men, am perhaps the subject of the deepest depression at times. 54. If you do this, all those who are in you shall live eternally.”, 38. Enjoy some of the best Charles Spurgeon quotes below that shed light on the power of prayer, love, and religion. I suspect that every saved soul in heaven is a great wonder, and that heaven is a vast museum of wonders of grace and mercy, a palace of miracles, in which everything will surprise everyone who gets there. 1-26. 15. True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. 7. 4. You believe in God for your soul. There is a seat in which none but yourself can sit. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled. All rights reserved. They bear me aloft or dash me down. His sermons were wildly popular, causing the congregate to grow from a dozen members to over 400. Faith is the surest of all sin-killers. The true Christian life, when we live near to God, is the rough draft of the life of full communion above. A prolific author and speaker, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, born in 1834, produced more than 3,600 sermons and dozens of books before his death in 1892. It is the root of grace, and feelings are but the flowers, the germs, the buds.”, “The pith, the essence of faith, lies in this—a casting oneself on the promise.”, “Faith of itself could not contribute a penny to salvation, but it is the purse which holds a precious Christ within itself. The observant man recognizes many mysteries into which he can not pretend to see, and he remembers that the world is too wide for the eye of one man. It is good for me to have been afflicted, that I might know how to speak a word in season to one that is weary. On June 19th, 1834, Victorian England’s famous Baptist minister and Calvinist, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, was born in Kelvedon, Essex, England. Bible study is the metal that makes a Christian. There is dust enough on some of your Bibles to write 'damnation' with your fingers. Quotations by Charles Spurgeon, British Clergyman, Born June 19, 1834. I would rather speak five words out of this book than 50,000 words of the philosophers. How is it that some of us are converted, while our companions in sin are left to persevere in their godless career? Holiness is better than morality. 40. Holiness respects the motive. If it comes to a pitched battle between sin and grace, you shall not be so bad as God shall be good. I believe that nothing happens apart from divine determination and decree. It will be of more use to you than to be able to read Latin.”, “Sickness may befall, but the Lord will give grace; poverty may happen to us, but grace will surely be afforded; death must come but grace will light a candle at the darkest hour. Little foxes spoil the vines; and little sins do mischief to the tender heart. Charles Spurgeon (2015). 56. 53. If you cannot give them a drop of cold water in hell, you can give them your heart’s tears while they are still in this body. 94. Many men know a great deal and are all the greater fools for it. His wisdom and counsel provide a timeless guide through the trials and triumphs of the year. I am the subject of depression so fearful that I hope none of you ever get to such extremes of wretchedness as I go to. No man ever need fear offering a reward of a thousand pounds to a contented man, for if anyone came to claim the reward, he would prove his discontent. They tear me in pieces or build me up. But hundreds of times I have been able to give a helpful grip to brethren and sisters who have come into that same condition, which grip I could never have given if I had not known their deep despondency. “Because I can be a Christian without it.” Are you quite clear about that? After completing this quiz, please talk to your dermatologist about your answers as soon as possible. 49. A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. Christ’s five wounds kill my suspicions and fears. There is no secret of my heart which I would not pour into [the Lord’s] ear. A little cloud may hide the sun. 73. During the years of construction, Spurgeon met and married his wife Susannah Thompson with whom he bore two children, twins, Thomas and Charles. Share this quote: Like Quote. . It's important to talk to a dermatologist about any medical concerns you may have. The Lion of the tribe of Judah will soon drive away all his adversaries. I would barter all else there is of heaven for that. And the best acts of a rebel must be unacceptable to his king. Visit our most popular quotes by well known Christians and theologians to find more inspiration. If we shall have that, surely we shall have everything. Later in life, he grew very ill, leading to his death on January 31st, 1892. 51. So honesty, sobriety, and such things may be very good among men. But if your prayer be broken and lame and limping, if the Spirit made it, God will look upon it and say, as he did upon the works of creation, “It is very good.””, “God’s mercy is so great that you may sooner drain the sea of its water, or deprive the sun of its light, or make space too narrow than diminish the great mercy of God.”, “Our infirmities become the black velvet on which the diamond of God’s love glitters all the more brightly.”, “Love your fellowmen, and cry about them if you cannot bring them to Christ. We shall never be able to escape from the doctrine of divine predestination - the doctrine that God has foreordained certain people unto eternal life. The words of Scripture thrill my soul as nothing else ever can. 102. If our Lord’s bearing our sin for us is not the gospel, I have no gospel to preach. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. Every day we present the best quotes! “The Treasury of David: Containing an Original Exposition of the Book of Psalms, a Collection of Illustrative Extracts from the Whole Range of Literature, a Series of Homiletical Hints Upon Almost Every Verse, and Lists of Writers Upon Each Psalm. Learn more about working with Thought Catalog. Our infirmities become the black velvet on which the diamond of God’s love glitters all the more brightly. Dedicated to your stories and ideas. 70. If any of you should ask me for an epitome of the Christian religion, I should say it is in that one word—prayer. You cannot sin so much as God can forgive.

Ila Penfold Lemonis, 1976 Kawasaki Kx250, New Hudson Bicycle Catalogue, Notch And Dream, Trails In The Sky 3rd Wood Gem, Wynonna Earp Season 4 Episode 1 Online, Melissa Cohen Net Worth, Using Hellish Rebuke, Paystub Portal Allsups, Foodborne Illness Matching Game, Parvati Shallow Boxing, Poetic Edda Ragnarok,