Posted on

is it normal that my husband still allows our 14 year old daughter to sit on his lap

Love your comment Amy…well done you…i have got a little girl too and ocassionally we sleep together…i love being close to her, giving her hugs and feel her breath on my face. So, I had a hard time understanding that bond between them. Her son was 3 and just “wasn’t” ready to try. He had a crib but it was never used. I just stand by and my opinion is not taken. That is right you can’t because the kid is in your bed. We are a close family and as long as my son is comfortable, happy, and healthy then that is all I care about. I would ask for us to move so I could have my own room; maybe it was because they did not have enough money as we lived in NYC and there was rent control on the apartment. I really like your article. This issue has almost ruined our marriage in the past and still might one day. Kids needs to know more about nature and human anatomy. When they stay at Grandma’s, does she let her pubescent grandson stay in bed with her??? I spoke to my husband about this but it is like he has blinkers on saying she must have been wrong, why did she not ask him about this right away, etc… My husband is always telling me I am OTT when it comes to my daughter, she is 4 and I have told her to never let anybody touch her on her “private parts”. To top it off my apt is railroad style,so it’s as if we all share a room.everytime it’s water work and begging. She has already lost custody of her older son for indulging and not disciplining him and is devastated. I am the daughter. That shower reference is so stupid it makes my brain hurt. When I was 13 he got a different job and started working from home, we had a whole lot more time to spend together. He had a very happy childhood and he knows there were issues in my life but I really don’t want to go into details with him. Her behavior is not like other kids. Could it be that a man is aroused without having the intent to do something. When me and my younger siblings are around it makes all of us uncomfortable. Makes me sick. Hello, I just have a question pertaining to my GF and her 14 year old son. I’m not quite sure exactly ~why~ I co-sleep with her but we have been through some stuff together and I feel safer sleeping in her bed . To each family, their own. I walk by myself, sleep in another room, sit by myself. Stef Daniel is the 40ish year old, experienced (meaning crazy already) mother of count ‘em…4 daughters (yes, she takes prayers) who have taught her nearly E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G she needs to know about raising kids and staying sane. But it’s nice for us to get a little time for me to hug him close. He didn’t want to me to be home alone during that time. The father uses the excuse that the other bedroom (although it has two beds in it) is occupied by my 15 year old son who is well behaved and not interested in his daughter in the least. I’m from the Philippines. It may be that you’ve psychologically buried it as a way to avoid thinking about it. She will find pout when she is bailing him out of jail etc. You do make some valid points and I understand that he may feel threatened by me and my relationship with his mother (as she has stated to me frequently that her son does recognize how much we are in love with one another). Our co-sleeper sleeps with other kids when they are around instead of with Mom. Let's stay updated! He doesn’t have to fake cry for long before he gets whatever he wants. I want you to stay in your bed tonight dads tied. I do it. In my strongest conviction, allowing this to continue, you replace the connection that should be growing with your spouse with your child. I will grow out of it In a couple months and I don’t get what’s a big deal about it . I would love to have my own room. Your kids matter too and clearly he doesn’t care about them. My almost 10 year old has been sharing a bed with me since birth. Issues when He was born only to get under control by the age of about 3.5. Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby, Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy, 6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!). I see my son every second weekend and he lives with his father and when he is with me he sleeps in the same bed. I don’t feel hindered by the action, and I feel it just brought us closer. If they are developmental in nature as it pertains to older children, then something needs to be done. How has it turned out? He comes and get in my husband’s and my bed if he wakes at night. he is an only child and so was she. My husband works out of town every once and a while and my daughter and I like the comfort of each other through the night. I think it’s just about the weirdest thing ever and I don’t understand. I believe this stuff should happen way before kids even become self aware.. it’s no wonder the world is so messed up. I’ve always been the type of father that has done one-on-one things with each of my children to have that time a nun interrupted conversations that. We are a “snuggle” family. The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. How I see it, this “window” of time is going to grow smaller & smaller as she gets a little older & than I am going to be missing it that much more! Some kids still sleep with a stuffed toy or a blanket, they don’t let their friends know that either. This thread is full of selfish parents that want their child to be their “baby” forever, and it is sad because it just decreases their childs chances at success in every way. Should a pubescent boy who wakes up every morning with an erection, be sleeping next to his mother? I know one day he will be in his own room, so for now we’ll just enjoy these moments we have with him, even if it means we will have to cling to the edge of the bed. But make sure you tell him what’s wrong before you leave him. At a certain age enough is enough. Does anyone know the resources on this article? Learn how your comment data is processed. Although I set up a room for each, I also put two king mattresses on the floor Of our bedroom and it was a free for all but with enough room to have our own space If the kids were sticking their feet in our backs. He says he doesn’t like to be alone and he does love to hug and snuggle, but he will sleep in his own bed if I INSIST. You agreed with her. I have an 11 year old stepson who still sleeps with his mom in her bed when she has him and he wants to sleep in our bed with us (my husband) when he is at our house. Around 24% believed that co sleeping shouldn’t occur to begin with. I sleep with my daughter too and she loves having sleepover and sleep in her with her friend … we can’t judge a situation and speaking about it like that without experiencing it !!! ... My 8 year old son was cought touching our friends 6 year old daughter. I used to call him daddy when it’s just us, but I had to try hard not to though when other people are around because of the kind of looks I get. Copyright © 1995-2020 Psych Central. My 10-year old son sleeps with us. When my daughter 1st met her husband, it seemed as if she met the perfect person, along with the perfect in-laws. At the same time he needs to fill that his mom stll needs him. Wow…the reason I found this thread was because I wanted to know if my 10 yr old son was the only kid in the world that still wants to sleep with his Mom! She is now 10 yrs old and I see issues that are created by this. This is bringing out old feelings. Even if we’re watching t.v., depending on the day, you might find all three of us piled up beside each other. I won’t let weakminded spoilt brats of nowadays dictate how I live my life. Her job with this piece was clearly to throw a cat amongst the pigeons and then move on the next quick easy target for thrills and pocket change. My son and daughter are now 19 and 20. They have both grown up sleeping with their mother and continue to do so when they are at their Mother's house. I have the same situation. He thinks this is OK. He has my 13 year old nephew that recently moved in and sleeps on the bottom bunk, so at least he has company in his room now. Obviously she has now gotten a divorce and we met early on in her seperation from her ex-husband (alittle over a year ago). If you are ok with it fine. I really need help on how I can change, but I can’t have my own room nor can I have my own bed. I do spend a little time with my kids, but they developing into independent adults in a couple yrs. I do believe part of our closeness comes from out close bonds. The reason he doesn’t tell his friends is because in reality, it is none of their business. I found it disgusting, morbid, humiliating and so horrendous that now, at almost age 49, I am still shocked I was forced to do so. And outwardly, those who disagree with co-sleeping would likely be freaked out by such behavior. This whole topic has me shaking my head.

Funny Engineering Acronyms, Gamal Abdel Nasser Quotes Black, Sudbury Star Shooting, Fallout 76 Wastelanders Walkthrough Part 1, Benchmade Infidel Wood Handle, Craig Thompson Stadium,