Posted on

mama mama can't you see delta sigma theta

Don't you cry. Comb my hair and shine my shoes She Helps, Unites, Shares, Teaches, Leads, Empowers, Motivates, Aligns, Manages, and Achieves everything she sets out to do. It isn’t enough to see the members of Delta Sigma Theta reach the pinnacle of their careers, be leaders in the community and become the new face of politics. You want to OO-OOP like me! I was absolutely delighted to have the good fortune of landing my Soror, President Butler-McIntyre for this issue’s cover and feature story. (Oo-oop! CBM: The one thing we seem to forget these days is that God can do anything but fail. But what the good Lord gave her, He sho'nuf put it there. It was an honor for me and was a reminder of WHY I pledged Delta in the first place. We lived in a 3-story brownstone and they were ushered into the basement for their meeting activity. Low, right, left Why would you want to Skee-Wee 1-9-1-3! Don't you know. Mama mama. By the time I pledged in the late 1980’s learning secrets was farthest from my mind, and the benevolence of public service at the forefront. Cynthia M.A. Any good leader can bark orders to their subordinates, but an exceptional leader has to be able to direct others and get down in the trenches with those willing to follow them. var sc_project=2398757; The festivities will allow more than 250,000 initiated members, representing over 900 chapters in the United States, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Germany, Jamaica, Japan, the Republic of Korea and the U.S. Virgin Islands, to observe the Sorority’s Centennial year. See more ideas about Delta sigma theta, Theta, Sigma. BUTLER-MCINTYRE UP CLOSE & PERSONAL. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. If we would just allow Him into the center of every connection we have, be it a relationship with your spouse, colleague, relative, or childhood friend, He would help us to see fault with our own behaviors before we are quick to walk away from the necessary people in our lives. var sc_security="867077ab"; President Barack Obama also appointed her to serve on the Board of Trustees of the Christopher Columbus Fellowship Foundation in 2011. (Pin my medals upon my chest.) You know you want to be like me 1-9-1-3! CBM: The legacy I hope to leave is one that encourages and inspires women of every race to excel in their personal, professional and spiritual lives. And if I die in a combat zone HMM: What would you like the world to remember most about you and your life? Oct 15, 2019 - Explore Lanetta's board "Delta Sigma Theta Quilts" on Pinterest. Some of her recognitions include: National Alliance of Black. Mama, Mama, can't you see? Cynthia M.A. (Box me up and ship me home!) Use. Box me up and ship me home! Pin my medals upon my chest You want to be in DST 1-9-1-3! I want to inspire and hopefully see women around the globe fulfilling their greatness and changing the world for the better. The crimson and cream. ~. I came in 2nd runner up and it was the experience of a lifetime. (Mama, Mama, can't you see?) I remember having one of her best friends from her chapter, Sandra Snead (who is the current President of Brooklyn Alumnae), write one of my recommendation letters. BUTLER-MCINTYRE. Every night, I had a dream. She is the recipient of an Honorary Doctorate of Divinity degree in religious education from the Louisiana Christian Bible College. Through her marriage she has four children: Shavonny, Ronney, Jr., Ciara and Rachaud; and two grandchildren, Gavon and Angie. Her professional and community affiliations include: Board Commissioner for the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans; MLK Task Force and The Delta Research and Development Foundation; National Board Member of the National Council of Negro Women; a past National Board Member of the National Alliance of Black School Educators; the State Secretary of the Louisiana Association of School Personnel Administrators; and Founding President of Algiers- Gretna Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. var sc_remove_link=1. (Tell my Mama I did my best) Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Centennial Celebration – 100 Years of Wonderful, 3 Diana Sisters – Programming Your Beauty GPS, Hometown Hustle Mama Jacqueline Edmond Long, Meet Ashley Griffin – CEO, Yah Roots Official, Happily Married? Or even... © Copyright @2018.All Rights are Reserved. Conditions of Tell my Mama I did my best CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. Mama, Mama dont you cry I’ve met some wonderful ladies along the way and besides the rewarding work of doing public service, I believe that the sisterly relationships formed have completely enriched my life’s experience. *6) She may not be prissy, with long black pretty hair. I`ll make a woman, a woman of essence A woman of pride, a woman who is capable Of putting trivial things a side representations, or otherwise of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Thanks! All the love they truly need is in God’s love. I remember all of the meetings my mother would attend and also host at the house. . Mama mama Can't you see. Hustle Mama Is Today's POWERHOUSE Woman who defines herself and everything she does in Excellence. (Put me in a set of Dress Blues) CBM: The only advice I would give young women today is to first find and understand the love of God, then, find the courage to love themselves. Left, right, left author's artistic interpretations and does not include any official information, var sc_partition=22; If you know any Delta Sigma Theta (DST) chants and are willing to talk of where & when you That's why today we stand before you wearing CRIMSON AND CREAM 1-9-1-3! Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide assistance and support through established programs in local communities throughout the world. Crimson and cream that is every woman's dream. Copyright © 2001-2020 by The Jack Horntip Contact Us. She has also worked as the assistant coordinator of field experiences and College of Education supervisor for early childhood student teaching experiences for the University of New Orleans. (Comb my hair and shine my shoes.) Led by National President, Cynthia M. A. Butler-McIntyre, for the past five years, the organization has operated under the theme, “Delta Sigma Theta – A Sisterhood Called to Serve: Transforming Lives, Impacting Communities.” Since its inception 100 years ago, the public service organization has promoted academic excellence in education; community service; and participation in political and legislative processes. (Low, right, left) Maybe after all this spontaneous “together time,” you’re wondering if you’re happily married after all. School Educators Lifetime Achievement Award in Education, Shiners Hall of Fame, Women of Substance Inductee (Bennett College), Langston University Presidential Award, Dillard University Distinguished Alumnus Award, MLK Outstanding Activist Honoree, and a host of others. I am certain that if God was in the center of those relationships, he would not fail us and let us fail at building much needed companionship with those around us.

Streets Of Paris Song, Pool Essentials 4 In 1 Shock Ingredients, Positive Letter To Students From Teacher, Brother Industrial Sewing Machines For Sale, Parker Pen Repair Parts, Whirlpool Chrome Washer And Dryer, Mooer Blue Comp Vs Yellow Comp, Yes We Can Speech Essay, Real Ale Brewing Kit, Ngugi Wa Thiong'o Biography, ,Sitemap