Posted on

pocket go 2 vs rg350

I ordered a pocketgo 2 from retromimi and they messaged me offering a RG350 instead as the pocketgo is now backordered. This RK CPU is already overclocked by 200Mhz, and you’ll notice it, when trying to play back PSP games. (You would think they would research other handhelds and their history >.> RG350 *cough) you can adjust the volume in some of the emulators. The PocketGo 2 has a couple points in its favor (it is the one I own) but none that I think would justify holding out. Most Dreamcast games don’t run well on the RP2 at all, just a select handful that are “tolerable”. I like the looks of the device but I hate the shitty looking UI in Android … The ui of the oga looks so damn good. It is a nice design, but internally it’s junk. They're pretty much identical as far as specs and I've heard of fewer defects, so probably if you can stand the D-pad placement it's at least as good as choice. ETA Prime, Retro Dodo (not a huge fan, but he has a large following so…his opinion matters) and Taki all seem to love it which definitely counts in the retro community. However, I'd like a slightly larger screen, a bit more battery life and a joystick + better processing for some JRPG gaming. Do you have a preference and if so, why? The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Reminds me of the 3DS that way. Also, side note, saving games don’t work on some consoles. You can do a ‘save state’, which you can later recall (meaning games with multiple save state entries won’t be accessible for you. This one, just didn’t make it on my list as a well engineered sample. Obscure Handhelds uses cookies on our website to, among other things, fulfil user requests (such as enable users to login) and provide enhanced functionality for our uses (such as user accounts and saved preferences). Let me know your thoughts and thank you for your FANTASTIC website . I’ve heard of issues on the pocketgo 2 but can’t recollect what they were. So if the retroid pocket 2 do better with 480p it will do even better on 240p. Whilst it’s a nice thing to have, I believe you need an active internet connection to make it work. In my opinion, any upgrade from an RG350P, isn’t recommended; at least not until we have CPUs that are made at 10nm or below, so they can not only work longer on a battery charge, but also reach higher CPU frequencies. I’m not sure of the reason for doing this over actually having a second analog stick. Back to the original ROM question. That’s ~18,000 units in the wild in the first month, no small feat for a niche product such as this. Agree with all Mario Mario’s points, whereas obscurehandhelds, you talking nonsense. The Retroid Pocket 2 is available now at goretroid.com and costs $80 plus shipping. RP2 lasts longer playing those weaker systems, too. What have I said that’s nonsense? Cookies help us deliver our Services. He is more prone to bias than anyone. It looks and feels like a mainstream, commercial product. Well luckily they gave me the option to switch my order to the RG350 for no extra cost so sounds like that’s the move. I’d love to play some dreamcast games and build quality isn’t of the utmost importance to me (hence leaning towards to Rk2020) your thoughts? I like Taki’s videos, but don’t forget he is always in direct contact with the developer. You just hit the power button, it automatically pauses your game, and later you pick it up to jump right back in. I haven’t had an issue with the battery life, but I don’t have an RG350p to compare to. Again, I get your initial concerns, but you really do owe it to yourself and your followers to actually purchase a Retroid Pocket 2 and give it a proper review. The only games that would make use of it are arcade games and psx, but every psx game has backwards compatibility for the standard controller. But I’ll look forward to the Retroid Pocket 3 for that. How many Android machines have you used with a 640×480 resolution? I have the RG350 and love it for the old classics, but like a couple of others i really did fancy some N64 on the road. For the price you pay it's well worth it. For more information, please review our Privacy Policy. Hope you get my point. I got my PlayGO V2.2from Viral Tech and honestly they have the best customer service and shipping wait times I have experienced in a long time. If you wait for a better one, you will be waiting forever. How can you say this is a low resolution screen when it’s better than most of the devices you feature at a ppi of 229? PSP, Dreamcast, Mame, NeoGeo, all need a 2Ghz dual core, or 1,8Ghz quad core to run the emulation smoothly. For it’s price point (obviously not being compared to the GPD WIN 2/Max or Moqi i7s) this is easily the best handheld to-date. You need to disable the Play Store and Play Services, since they eat up RAM and drain the battery faster. I agree that its a flaw though. The RG devices really are junk UIs, internals and software but everyone supports them due to good external design. 1 Gb ddr3 RAM, faster cpu, bigger batterie, hdmi output, bluetooth, Android 8 OS etc. I have two Odroid-Go Advances and one Retroid Pocket 2, and I can assure you that the Pocket 2 vastly exceeds the OGA in terms of all-around performance. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, A place to discuss the retro handheld Bittboy, Press J to jump to the feed. Would I like a slightly more powerful chipset? Learn how your comment data is processed. There were OGA’s for sale again on Hardkernel but 40$ of shipping ! Anybody with experience owning both? How would people feel about a portable that gave you a simple Trackpoint nub (like the 3DS’s second “joystick”) rather than attempting and failing to make a real joystick? I think it’ll be huge and potentially have longer legs than the RG350. I think they bit off a bigger chunk than they could chew. The resolution of this is better than the resolution of the oga and the rg350p. Emulation is a fickle *bad word*.. One of the selling points of this device is the ability to play local multiplayer via netplay. the problem with android is that emulators/apps have free/paid versions, and the free versions lack some features to paid versions or add some ads etc…. You could also disable WiFi and Bluetooth. The RG351 will likely have better MAME and CPS performance, as the Retroid Pocket 2 seems to do poorly with arcade titles. Go for RG350. Internally it’s nothing to shout about though. Sonic Love (smaller fan base but well respected) is another YouTuber that has really been pushing the system and has a few hours of solid content running everything from cloud gaming, any arcade title you can think of, dreamcast, etc on the system and it’s looking fantastic. I’ve tested dozens of titles and they work effortlessly. Disappointing in power but I do like the form factor. Rapid presses in shooters are no problem. N64, Dreamcast, and PSX will all run better on the Retroid Pocket 2, with N64 being an abysmal experience on the RK3326 RockChip OGA/RG351 CPU). Like the a link to the past randomizer or the kaizo mario games? The RG350M matches it but that processor can’t even handle all SNES games. or something else entirely? If you continue to use this site, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. RG350P for me! The joysticks absolute trash, but honestly it depends what you're getting it for. I remember the original Retroid came without heat sinks. That this chip is a step backwards from the RK3326 machines? Excited to have mine arrive in the next few weeks and start testing it out. I haven’t had the same issues you’re having concerning battery life. Hi there Going from Android 6 to 8 within ~2 months of launch is huge along with opening up their Android 6 source code to the community. As for performance, I wholeheartedly disagree. The OGA I regret buying – the software is bearable if you put the work in but the shell is very uncomfortable and some buttons are terrible. Stick your address in the box! Psx games work perfectly fine. Sorry our views don’t align on this one. My new pocket go just came yesterday. While I like both devices, I've had more issues with the PGv2 than I have with the RG-350. Taki listed several improvements on this over the original, including faster and more RAM, faster charging, more buttons, two analogs, faster storage and possibility of Android 8 support (not yet guaranteed). As a bonus…my little $80 Moto G can also run a sizable number of GameCube titles to boot! ROMs shouldn’t be a deal breaker for any system, just do a Google search for Reddit where to get ROMs and you’ll find sites with literally everything. They have increased the RAM from 512MB to 1GB though, and it looks like the CPU might have been overclocked to 1.5GHZ too. It’ll overwrite the one existing save state, with corrupt data. It may not be quite as fast as the OGA and clones, but should be close, and adds a lot of flexibility that Android provides (bluetooth controllers/headsets) plus the neat local multiplayer function. It should play up to PS1 with good frame rate. After initially feeling mostly the same way (weaker chip, looked questionable with some frame-rate issues initially) it seems like the devs are truly listening to the community and making changes even up to (and definitely post) launch. You may want to mod the stick as it spins but I have yet to need it so I left mine alone. Maybe 10 years ago you did, but even they had touchscreens. about that joystick on the pg2. – Weak processor. I’ve been running through Goldeneye at night and with the 6.4″ screen it’s a beauty with the up-scaled graphics and Dreamcast runs a solid 60fps as well. Most of these consoles are low power hogs, and the RG350p with it’s 2500mAh battery lasts longer playing these consoles, than the Retroid Pocket 2 on it’s 4000mAh battery. The RG351 is a clone of the already existing Odroid-Go Advance, which already has several clones on the market (Powkiddy RGB10, ZPG Pro, RK2020). Nice writeup hegemon13! I would hate to pay 80 or 90 bucks for the Retroid Pocket 2 and shortly after find out the RG351 is better.But the same time I would hate to wait a couple of months and find out that the Retroid Pocket 2 is better and trying to get through the holiday rush. I imagine the RG351 will likely use around a 4000mAh battery, so you can expect battery life similar to the Powkiddy RGB10–good but not great. However, the RG350 series, are mainly made for retro classic consoles (8-32 bit), all from the Gameboy and NES to the Snes, Megadrive, and even the Neo Geo. Meanwhile, you won’t be wanting to run those consoles on the RG350, not only because it doesn’t have the CPU horsepower to pull em off, but also because the 240pix screen is too cramped to play those consoles (text becomes unreadable). Also, keep i mind that the RP2 has a built in 500mhz graphics processor. Both are not “good” in running dc. It’s not just the 640×480 resolution, although that’s great. The revised version PlayGO V2.2 is released now, this article explains the fixes https://viraltech.io/retro-handhelds/playgo-pocketgo-v2-2-is-here-all-fixes-included/. I think you should go for the RG350. To maximize Dreamcast performances you need to sideload the Flycast app, and adjust settings according to TakiUdon’s community doc. I too was somewhat reluctant when the RP2 was announced, considering the sheer volume of Chinese handhelds that seem to be dropping nowadays, but I now know that all of those concerns were misplaced. And my biggest question, they have pre installed emulators, will I be able to play Rom hacks on it? It takes some fiddling to set, but it’s no big deal. You need to put in the work to get the Retroid Pocket 2 to perform well, but once you do, it’s an amazing little handheld. I understand that you aren’t impressed by the internals, especially considering how dated Android 6 is, but this device is incredibly optimized. The MT6580 isn’t a particularly powerful chip, falling far behind the RK3326 found in the OGA and similar devices. I picked one up for each of my family members who game and are looking for a pick-up-and-play system because I’m confident this will fit their needs perfectly, especially once the community gets a hold of it.

2018 Ford Ecosport, Homes For Sale Ettrick, Wi, Cadbury Case Study With Solution, Kenichi Suzumura Movies And Tv Shows, Best Paying Jobs In Mexico For English Speakers, Vickers Mbt Mk 7 War Thunder, Contend For The Faith Meaning, Lawn Edging Boards, Living Room Fireplace Flanked By Windows, Songland Season 1,