Posted on

ways of worshipping aphrodite

Most of the time they are small, but they add up. Working in a group can also give you some important validation. Certainly, there are aspects of your physical space that can help with any or all of the above, but before you break out the fancy tools and the incense, you need to make sure all the other aspects are in place. What better form of worship is there than offering your ecstacy to the Goddess of Love? I couldn’t disagree more. They can be enhanced by your space, but they can’t originate from your space. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Still, existing as corporeal beings, we must have a place to worship, even if we can set up a sacred space pretty much anywhere. There are also so many other posts I haven’t written yet on song, creative artwork, reading, decorating, celebrating, lovemaking, and countless others. Something you feel comfortable and sexy in is always appreciated, as is the vulnerability of being nude. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything. 24) (trans. To me, all of this links back to love. Later in the Illiad, Aphrodite convinces, with a small number of threats, to have sex with Paris. While I am sure that is possible while following the Hellenic calendar, it just didn’t feel natural to me. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Some things to pray to Aphrodite about are romantic advice, inspiration for love poems/letters, fashion advice (if you're so bold), help finding true love, advice on having lots of sex, help getting pregnant, increased pleasure or advice on pleasuring someone else, and confidence in the bedroom. You can ask for self-compassion when you are experiencing depression or anxiety. For Earth: Rose quartz is a favorite, in many forms – candle holders, wands, palmstones, or carved hearts. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! You have to decide what kind of worship works for you, because you are where it all starts. She was created from the Titian Uranus' severed genitals when they were thrown in the sea and mixed with sea foam. Our prayers are not sterile verses recited from rote memory. My personal sacred calendar of honoring Aphrodite is a blend of all parts of my life. Awareness of your emotions helps you make an educated decision about entering sacred space and how that will inform your worship in that moment. Ways of Worship: Hephaestus. There are also so many other posts I haven’t written yet on song, creative artwork, reading, decorating, celebrating, lovemaking, and … ( Log Out /  If everyone in the group saw something or felt something during a shared ritual, you know that it’s not just you. With Hermes she had Hermaphroditus. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. And Full Moons – especially in the summer months, but really all year round. All Rights Reserved. Feelings are natural and healthy – It is only when we get stuck in them that they begin to cause a problem. Personally, I believe one of the main purposes of religion is to draw us together as people – to encourage us to be more compassionate, and to support and nurture each other. Aphrodite is one of the 12 Olympians and resides on Mt. Powered by Vocal © 2020 Jerrick Ventures LLC. In the end, he chose Aphrodite after she promised him he would marry the most beautiful woman on Earth, Helen. Self-compassion has always been needed, but never more so that it is today. Move over Syfy channel, Netflix is moving at light speed. ( Log Out /  When we are distressed is when we need religion and spirituality the most. That was their first mistake. Serving the Goddess of Love with Ferocity and Compassion. Rose anything, really, is a wonderful addition – essential oil, rosewater, cut flowers, incense, rose petals, you name it. The Italian word for “worship” – venerare – comes from the same root (Venere is Venus in Italian). But you don't choose a Goddess to be the prettiest unless you're ready for the scorning of a lifetime. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. It makes the hard times easier, and you have someone with which to celebrate the good times. You can offer up your joy as a celebration of the Divine. For science fiction fans, Netflix is a destination point for great content. Feeling what you feel is a crucial part of authenticity and how we exist in the world. Everything else is a prerequisite. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. This last bit was a very important part – To maintain a habit of consistent spiritual practice, you have to find something that works for you and that you are passionate about. Community is also essential when you are trying to deepen your spiritual practice. Connect with Her for guidance. Perhaps geneticists will one day turn to Hollywood to inspire them in their pursuit of genetic cloning in the best clone movies. Personally, it didn’t work for me, for a number of reasons: That said, if the Hellenic calendar works for you, go for it! Your rituals always take place where you are, and you have to be present physically, mentally, and spiritually. Where I am now is drastically different than where I started my journey. Goddess of longing, You who inspire,and fan the flames of hot desire,Lady of pleasure and lustful nights—All acts of love are Your rites.Queen of love and passions wild. From space adventures to futuristic creatures, artificial intelligence, and extraterrestrial invasions, Hugo Award-winner Vincent Di Fate has advanced the realms of science fiction, fantasy, and art through his many achievements. Since She is the primary deity I work with, I wanted my practice to involve Her more. This is the first post in a series on Modern Worship of Aphrodite. ( Log Out /  If you do this consciously and with reverence, it can be an extremely poignant act.

Gbp To Usd Forecast, How To Connect Speakers To Samsung Tv, Sleeping Cartoon Images, 2019 Ford Expedition Max Towing Capacity With Tow Package, 2c55wt6 Replacement Bulb, Quotes About Loud Talkers, Large Scale Rc Warships, E01 F08 Maytag Washer, Cottonwood Creek Elementary Calendar, Wonton Nacho Chips,