Posted on

why does dried spit smell good

I guess it helps to an extent. Yes it's definitely normal, I personally believe the smell of smelly strong saliva has some type of hormone to it. Would scrapping my tongue help? And if it is the bad bacteria that is making your saliva smell terrible, what can you do to fix the problem? Bad breath isn’t something that we should be afraid to deal with. Even if you brush your teeth, if you're not flossing you're missing out on a very important source of the breath, and the foul smelling saliva. Continue with eating food that can cure your breath, drink plenty of water, remember to brush and floss every day, and you’ll be on your way to better breath soon.How have you been affected by bad breath? Better be more than just one. If you have a large infestation of bad bacteria, and your saliva can’t get rid of it easily, the bacteria is going to mingle with the bad bacteria, and cause it to stink.Foods and Drinks. The reason behind this is simple. You don't smell the odor compounds when they are dissolved in the saliva. I think it is not true that saliva smell bad. With a little tweaking here and there, you should be able to cure the problem of the smell quickly and efficiently. Saliva is usually made of around 95% water, and usually doesn’t come with any smell. I usually will wash my mouth out with mouthwash. ), CloSYS’ Fluoride and Fluoride-Free Toothpaste Review, The Definition of Halitosis – Bad Breath Explained, Here’s Why You Get BAD BREATH From Wearing A MASK (+4 Ways To Solve The Problem! Then smell the licked part of the wrist. Dental student here. I also chew a fresh minty gum too. Re: Why does laundry dried outdoors have a certain good smell? While Andy doesn't have any degrees, and no real power to officially 'treat, diagnose, prevent, or cure' your halitosis, he does bring relevant information to help you stay informed in the world of bad breath. Anyway, it's hard for one to "know" whether he / she has bad breath. Is that why my friends sneezes smell like shit? Press J to jump to the feed. Acid Reflux needs a whole article by itself, and one will be posted here shortly. Also the foods you are taking can make your saliva smell bad like if you eat a lot of garlic and onion. With some simple changes to diet, oral hygiene, and a few other things, you usually can learn to keep your bad breath at bay. Some of these foods, like garlic and onions, may also cause your saliva to smell nasty. Oral Hygiene. But there are simple things that you can do to help ease the reflux of the acid. I dont really have bad breath i think. Don't Panic! Another factor includes the fact that you just woke up and haven't gargled yet then your saliva is spoiled. If the saliva smells like a sour smell, then that is how you know that your breath is funky. Acid Reflux is where some of the acid from you stomach comes up into your throat, and sometimes in the back of your throat. (+1 bonus resource! The article I mention previously is a good place to start with cutting things out of your diet. Required fields are marked *. ), The FOUR Toothpastes You NEED To Stop Your Bad Breath, The FOUR Best Mouthwashes to Treat YOUR Bad Breath! ), White Tongue Vs Oral Thrush (Learn The Difference Here! Dentists say that the best way to know if your breath smells bad is to lick the back of your hand and then smell it. This is the right answer. « Reply #5 on: 20/09/2008 19:11:20 » I read somewhere that the smell is due to reaction of the cotton with peroxyacetyl nitrate ( a trace component of air in sunny conditions). If you have some garlic, it is going to mix with your saliva and make it smell.Acid Reflux. And sulfur, as you are probably well aware of, doesn’t smell that great at all. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It is only when the saliva dries up, like when you lick the back of your hand, that you can smell them. But if you follow the advice in this article, and others I linked to, your breath should be fresher within a few days. I licked my left hand and it smelled fine. But are their cases where your saliva will smell bad? If your spit smells bad, I bet your breath smells bad. Explain Like I'm Five is the best forum and archive on the internet for layperson-friendly explanations. same here, i normally gurgle a minty mouthwash every morning. Bad breath typically comes from the bacteria that produces something called VSC (Volatile Sulfur Compounds). How are some of the ways you minimize bad breath? My dad has told me about cleaning my tongue when I brush my teeth every morning. So this is a good way to test if you have bad breath. And when it does, the bad breath in saliva can make a terrible smell that you want to try to avoid. But as we will find out in this article, it’s not so much that your saliva is the cause, but other symptoms that plaques your mouth. Like when it's my own it smells but like I'm use it because it's my own, my own hygiene you know, but what turns me on to next level is the smell of a female's saliva specifically their upper lip cuz that's where the smell is the strongest. I'm so confused. Ok well I have been wondering this, but ever since I knew my boyfriend and all I can like always smell his saliva. ), The FOUR Best Mouthwashes FOR KIDS! If that is the case, then who ever kisses you may catch a whiff. Is it even possible to find your own breath disgusting? Your body produces saliva for several reasons: Also, it helps clean your mouth out of any food particles left over from eating. Or just the remains of food you have eaten. Keep reading to find out! Your email address will not be published. I am a firm believer that if you properly take care of your mouth, then it will not smell, either the saliva, the breath, or anything. Occasionally rinse. If this happens, this also can cause your saliva to smell differently than normal. (+1 Extra! Bad bacteria is the most common cause for your saliva smelling bad. When I touch my tongue and smell the saliva, it still stinks. ), The FOUR Best Toothpastes To Remove Plaque (+1 Bonus Resource! Anyway we should always brush our teeth and gargle to avoid bad saliva and bad breath. But if you follow the advice in this article, and others I linked to, your breath should be fresher within a few days. ). Neither of my hands smelled bad before licking. Bad Bacteria. His breath doesn't smell bad at all because he has really good Hygiene, but his saliva is like all I can smell. With many years of experience fighting against his own bad breath, Andy has come to help you fight against yours. It happens pretty much the same way as with bacteria. Also, I recommend this article to those looking for a good toothpaste to use for brushing your teeth with.Change Your Diet. You don't smell the odor compounds when they are dissolved in the saliva. If that is the case, then who ever kisses you may catch a whiff.". This helps so much in keeping my breath fresh and clean. The worse the hygiene, the worse the breath. Everything else here, despite being mega-upvoted, is wrong. Saliva isn’t something that should get a smell to it, but there can be cases where that does. That's why you tend to smell bad breathe when someone talks; the moving air dries up the mouth and carries the compounds toward you. So this is a good way to test if you have bad breath. Things you may want to add into your diet can be found in this article. There are a plethora of reason why your saliva may smell. Most recently I rinse 2-3 times a day with mouth wash. If your spit smells bad, I bet your breath smells bad. when you lick the back of your hand you can smell them. Like I said before, the reason your saliva is smelly shouldn’t be a hard thing to fix. I mean, it won’t happen overnight, but give it a day or two, and the smell should go away. If you don’t have time to floss, take a look at my article on some of the best water flossers, as these will help you save time by being able to floss faster. If you detect an unpleasant smell you are likely to have bad breath. Your email address will not be published. The moisture on their nose helps them smell in drier environments. Maybe if you have a bad breath then definitely your saliva will smell bad. Also I assume why morning breath is a thing - because the mouth is often slightly open during sleep.

Beside The Waterfall Mary Oliver Analysis, Tonga National Animal, Ducati Scrambler Front End Swap, Port Richey Breaking News, Fire Belly Toad For Sale Petsmart,